|External Hard Disk RecoveryExternal hard drives are excellent storage devices for pictures, documents, and important business information because they have a high storage capacity and are extremely portable. They are, however, still hard drives with moving parts which can be easily damaged by dropping, falling, jarring or jolting. External hard drives are also susceptible to data corruption, just like the hard drive in your computer.
Data Recovery Lab offers data recovery solutions for all makes and models of external hard drives. Our professional external hard drive recovery specialists use state-of-the-art, non-invasive technology to ensure the highest recovery rate of your lost data. Where other companies may consider a failed external hard drive unrecoverable, DataTech Labs may still be able to recover seemingly lost data.
External Hard Drive Recovery for Any Situation
Data RecoveryLab can recover data from any type of external hard drive with all types of failures. Our data recovery engineers have seen every situation imaginable.
External Hard Drive Data Recovery
External Hard Drive Evaluation
- Logical Hard Drive Recovery - A drive that is still physically working, however, data is not able to be accessed due to corruption, virus infection, lost partition, file deletion, or accidental re-formatting.
- Physical Hard Drive Recovery - A drive that has mechanically or physically failed, typically a crashed head, failed motor or damaged PCB board. These drives must be opened and examined in our Class 100 Cleanroom in order to retrieve your data.
- Natural Disaster - External hard drives that are affected by natural disasters such as a lightning strike, hurricane, tornado, fire, flood, or earthquake can most likely be recovered. Even if your drive has been fully submerged for an extended period of time, it is possible to recover its data.
After performing an evaluation on the external hard drive, our engineers will expediently determine the failure of the hard drive, and what the fastest, most cost-effective method of recovery will be. You will be contacted shortly after the evaluation has been completed, and advised of all options. Our staff understands how difficult it can be to experience a hard drive crash, and will work with you throughout the entire process to ensure a quick recovery of your valuable data.
External Hard Drive Care
External hard drives are very versatile and convenient, therefore most consumers have at least one in their home or office. It is important to remember that these are the same hard drives that are inside a computer, and can easily be damaged. Here are some helpful tips to make sure you don't suffer a data loss or hard drive crash:
- Always make sure to keep a back up copy of all information stored on your external hard drive. These should not be used as a primary storage device
- Lay your external hard drive on its side, instead of upright. This helps prevent the device from being knocked over and causing a crash.
- If you external hard drive is knocked over or bumped and starts making a clicking sound, turn it off immediately and do not attempt to hook the drive up to another computer